Mission & Service: Protecting the World's Most At-Risk Public Figures
Gavin de Becker & Associates is a dynamic security firm innovating threat assessment and public figure protection. We are currently seeking Protective Security Agents to support our mission to protect and enhance the lives of those we serve. From media figures and transnational corporations to universities and women’s shelters, GDBA stands on the front line of the assessment, prediction, and management of violence.
Locations: Greater Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Washington, D.C.; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Dallas, TX; Miami, FL; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC
Gavin de Becker & Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
- Demonstrated exceptional results in a client-service role; professional and positive communication style.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to various work-paces while always maintaining a high-level of attentiveness and energy.
- Exercises sound operational judgment, as well as flexibility to shifting priorities and challenges.
- Drug and nicotine-free; associates are required to participate in ongoing drug and nicotine screenings for the duration of their employment at GDBA.
- Physically fit; candidates must at least meet minimum physical requirements to be considered for this opening.
- Must be able to pass our pre-employment background investigation.
- Prior experience in the military, specifically conducting PSD operations with government officials and VIPs. Veterans who held military occupational specialties, including Marine Security Guard, Military Police Officer, FAST, and Infantry, are strongly desired.
- Previous estate security experience, including remote monitoring, access control, physical security, emergency response, as well as security protocol implementation.
- Prior training in Emergency Medicine, defensive tactics and arresting techniques, and tactical firearms.
- Possesses a LEOSA/HR218 Firearm Qualification.
Responsibilities & Expectations
Protective Security Agents advise at-risk public figure clients and protect them where they’re needed most at their homes, offices, and during travel. Agents manage the security operations from a dispatch command center to create a localized point for analyzing security challenges and disseminating information.
Agents are responsible for enhancing safety and security by remaining alert at all times. They also play a crucial role in adding comfort and convenience to the lives of those they serve.
- Serve as primary center point for disseminating information regarding security-related incidents on the property, as well as in the field.
- Coordinate contingency plans and emergency medical response for security incidents at the residence and in the field.
- Implement security and access control procedures to ensure safety on the property.
- Systemically monitor early-warning detection systems, security alarms, and cameras to identify and resolve security risks.
- Control access to the properties by maintaining entry logs, as well as granting admittance to on-site guests.
- Conduct security and threat assessment audits of the property and make recommendations for improvement security measures on-site.
- Assist clients with low- to mid-level concerns, including but not limited to scheduling and property management to add convenience and bolster privacy.
Executive Protection & Protective Services
- Provide executive protection and logistics support, as needed, when the client travels both domestically and abroad.
- Securely transport assets and people, when needed.
- As a function of the mobile security unit, must be able to maintain physical readiness to respond to an attack or hazard at all times.
- Maintain physicality to stand on your feet for several hours without a break, provide protective coverage during physically taxing activities including running, as well as maintain long schedules in the field.
- Employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, 401-K retirement plan, air evacuation coverage, flex schedule, merit-based raises and bonuses.